We are recruiting - for a Readycall Macmillan Coordinator - see our Vacancies page
Volunteer Centre Derbyshire Dales can help local voluntary, community, and public organisations to recruit and retain volunteers:
- We can advise on local recruitment strategies.
- We can enter your Opportunity Details onto Do-It, the national database of volunteering opportunities.
- We run Training Events to help you make the most of your volunteers.
Training and events
From time to time VCDD runs and/or promotes courses and networking events, e.g. Volunteer Co-ordinators' Network, covering volunteering issues and good practice. Each session takes a specific theme and you will also have plenty of time to network. Venues alternate between the Northern and Southern Derbyshire Dales area.
Details of future courses and networking events will be published on this page.
"Since I retired I wanted an opportunity to continue using my IT skills. Volunteering for a charity also makes me feel I am doing something useful " - Volunteer Maintenance and IT, Farming Life Centre
"[Volunteering] has been an incredibly rewarding experience for me. [It has] given me invaluable confidence and skills. The feeling of doing something worthwhile and helping people to live the life they choose is the best feeling I have yet experienced. I hope to continue my voluntary work well into the future " - Centre Volunteer, Bancroft Day Centre
VCDD also runs two schemes of its own, and we are always pleased to hear from volunteers who may want to help with these:
- Our Voluntary Car Scheme, which takes vulnerable people to medical appointments, is always keen to find new drivers - you'll need your own car, but we will pay a sensible mileage allowance to help cover your running costs
- The Readycall scheme provides Befriending and practical help to the isolated and disadvantaged. We need people with DIY skills as well as those who could help take people shopping or just call in regularly for a cup of tea